At Granite, we care deeply about privacy. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your personal information.
We have the right to read, edit and delete what you upload such as products, articles, requests, messages, text, and photos.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your personal data to enhance and develop our Website to provide you with a better user experience and services. We also need your personal data to process your request or purchases from us and to be more useful to you by customizing offers, display of products and how we fulfill our obligations and commitments to you, this include:
• To handle the order, fulfillment and administration of your purchase.
• To enable good customer service, like managing your requests or correcting incorrect order or customer information.
• To evaluate, develop and improve our services, products and systems through analyzing statistical data patterns and behaviour on our Website.
• To provide you with relevant recommendations, offers, and custom services based on what you and other people with similar behaviours have looked at and shown interest in, both of a general as well as a targeted nature.
• To create an account on our Website.
• To contact you via SMS, email or post about other offers, promotions or services that we believe may be of interest to you. Please note, this is only done when given consent and you may decline or opt-out from this promotion at any time.
• To take part in surveys and to measure customer satisfaction.
• To use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you (such as language and store location).
We collect personal data about you when you provide such personal data directly to us by filling out a consent (for example placing an order, subscribe to our newsletter, join us), when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with personal data about you, or when personal data about you is automatically collected, this includes:
• When you purchase products through us.
• When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions.
• When you contact our customer services team (messages, e-mail, social media or similar) or over the phone.
• When you subscribe to our newsletter.
• When you place an order or create a user account or seller account on the Website.
• When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging/ following us or by contacting us directly).
Comments, Requests and Contact Us
When you leave comments or send in a request or fill in the contact form on the site we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish something, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Beside any personal data that we collect described above, we also collect technical data, which may include the URL you are accessing the Website from, unique device ID, language, browser type, network and computer performance, information about which operation system you use, and location data.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Who we share your data with
We can share information and personal data with other companies in order for us to provide our services to you. This includes payment providers, travel agents, business owners and other carefully selected third parties, such as our customer database hosting provider, marketing agencies and advertising partners who assist us in providing you with a positive customer experience. However, all handling of personal data always ensures high security and confidentiality. We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organizations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
In addition to Granite, we can share information and personal data with the following companies:
- The vendor/vendors of the product / products.
- The company that handles the payment (Stripe, invoice exhibitor).
- The service we use to send out newsletters to you, if you have agreed to it.
How long we retain your data
The Company will store your personal data as long as you are a customer and user with us. If you leave a comment or send in a request, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Some information may be retained longer when required due to other legal requirements. However, all handling of personal data always ensures high security and confidentiality.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase or update any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you believe that we do not respect your rights, please contact the us or you can contact the Data Protection Authority in your country, please find the right one at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/…